About a month ago Jenni of Rosie the Crafter nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you, I'm most honoured!
In order to accept I must 1) answer the 11 questions set to me by the blogger who nominated me
2) pick 11 bloggers I would like to nominate and 3) think of 11 questions for them to answer.
So here goes...
1. Describe yourself in five words.
Unh, I hate describing myself...determined, kind, odd, happy, sceptical
2. How old were you when you first realised you like vintage and old things? What triggered this interest?
When I was very young. I remember that I used to like to look at all the old dresses, lace collars, evening gloves and jewellery my mother had gotten from her mother. Knowing it was old and delicate gave it a special, magical aura that went beyond it just being pretty.
3. How far have you gone with vintage? Is it a trend or a lifestyle?
It's definitely a lifestyle. Most of my wardrobe is vintage although I mix in modern bits for practical reasons. Our furniture is also a mix of vintage and modern, but the overall feel is vintage.
4. What is the best comment you have received about your style?
I have found that the best compliments come from older gentlemen. The nicest one so far was at the local supermarket checkout this May when an elderly man came up to me and wistfully said:"You don't see enough summer dresses these days. It's a shame. You look very beautiful."
5. What is your favourite outfit?
I must say that I don't really have one. I don't usually wear the same outfit two days in a row. I just can't, don't ask me why, it's been like that since I first started choosing my own clothes. The outfit I'm wearing that day is my favourite one - that day.
6. Your greatest vintage or antique bargain?
My greatest find were these three vintage dresses at a small flea market. The one with the pink buttons was only 2 euros because the seam at the waist had come undone for about 5 cm. The two brown ones were 3 euros a piece. The pink buttoned one is 50's, the cotton one in the middle is 60's and the rayon one on the top is early 50's. What made the bargain so great was that they're all my size!
7. Your weirdest vintage or antique find?
Hmm, you do come across some weird stuff, but the weirdest thing I have actually bought is this. The tag said it was a flagpole tip. It's certainly the right shape. It's glass and not brass as they usually are. Did they make glass flagpole tips? I don't know. It's pretty, though.
8. What are your other interests besides vintage and such?
I read, a lot. All kinds of books; fact, fiction, old, new. All kinds of magazines. Anything on Wikipedia. I just read. And I'm a fast reader. In four languages. I also enjoy music, any kind, except for black metal and death metal. Never really liked those. Oh yes, and I watch a lot of movies.
9. Does someone else in your family or near relatives have an interest in vintage, antiques or history?
Hubby loves vintage cars and knows a lot about them as well.
10. What is the skill you have learned to master and are the most proud of?
Sewing clothes. I'm still learning but being able to sew something that I can actually wear out in public is something I'm really proud of.
11. What makes you happy in your every day life?
My two little boys. Rediscovering the world with them, teaching them new things. But I also enjoy the little moments I have to myself when nobody needs me.
Now I had a bit of trouble with the next task. I regularly read a few blogs but all of them either have more than 200 followers or have just received a Liebster award. Hmmm, what to do, what to do? Then it hit me: one of the ideas behind the Liebster award is to discover new blogs.
So I have here a list of 11 blogs, which I have just discovered and would like to share with you. These blogs, to the best of my knowledge, have not recently recieved a Liebster award, have under 200 followers and are active, meaning they post fairly regularly and have posted in the past few months.
My nominees for the Liebster award are:
Anniina from Ce Petit Cœur
Maria from When life gives you lemons
Anne Kirstine Toft Jørgensen from Frøken Toft
Melody from A Vintage Ramble
Eva from Evas liv - med sömsmån
Camille from Livet i Rabarberland
Anna from Ljuva 50-tal
K. from Modet i svepningar
Sheri Bomb from Sheribomb
Elina from Hopeapeili
La Toya from Mid-century Pink
The rules of receiving Liebster award:
- You must answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
- You yourself then pick 11 blogs who in turn have under 200 followers. You must then think of 11 questions for the blogs you have picked and also tell them.
- Finally link back to the blog that nominated you.
My 11 questions for the lovely nominees:
1. What was the first vintage item you ever bought?
2. Where were you ten years ago today?
3. What are you currently reading?
4. If you were hosting a dinner party and could invite any four people, alive or dead, real or fictional, who would you invite?
5. Why do you write a blog?
6. Do you have a secret skill? (something you can do that only a few people know about)
7. What is on your (fantasy) Christmas wish list?
8. List three little things that make you happy.
9. Tea or coffee?
10. What place would you like to visit?
11. Is vintage/retro a lifestyle or a hobby for you?